Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Aphiwe's Corner( her rants, raves, likes, dislikes and more commentary that we just love)

Thinking back, I have always been influenced by music, my aunt was an aspiring musician and I remember listening to her Demo tape and thinking "I could do that" maybe even better!
My Journey with Music started with me using it as my escape from this sometimes cruel and harsh world, growing up with an abusive father took its toll and I would listen to music and if I played my favorite song loud enough and shut my eyes tight enough all the hurt and pain would subside.
Ironically it was my father who initially recommended I start singing in the school choir instead of making a ruckus in his house.( I should probably thank him for that). so at 13 I was in the school choir by 16 I was singing lead in the church choir and by 18 I was a backing vocalist for one of South Africa's most recognized  singers, Ms KB Motsilanyane.
Music touches us all in different ways, its a way of life. To me, Music is my refuge I could crawl into the spaces between the notes & curl my back to the loneliness.

Ms diva©

2 comments:

  1. You're probably the only person I know, who knows every single word to every single song. lol beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully written love,simple and unencumbered- would be worth looking at expanding on your 'corner'..

    ReplyDelete